Social Media and Fiction

Goodreads was one of our many tools to check out this week, and I took full advantage of it. I am a long time Goodreads user, although I haven't been as active as in the past due to grad school. When I checked out the class's Goodreads group, I was pleasantly surprised to find a challenge there. The essence of this challenge is that you have to choose a book that involves social media, read it (or a portion of it), and post about it in your blog. Challenge accepted!

 



After searching through Goodreads for relevant books, I stumbled upon Hit Subsribe for Murder by Noah Alexander. It's a cozy mystery set in India. The protagonist, Anu, is trying to start over in a new town with a new job. When she shows up, the new job is not what was promised. Enter plan B: starting a cooking vlog with the mentorship of a beauty influencer and new friend. And, of course, there's murder.

I am about 30 percent of the way through the book, and it's been delightful thus far. It's a self-published book by an author without a large social media presence, or any that I could find. He does have a website, though.  

One of the best parts about this whole thing is that I get to support an up-and-coming author. And the price is only $0.99 on Amazon. If this book sounds appealing, purchase it here.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. This is 100% my kind of read for relaxation. I think I'll go buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts