Week 4 Reflections

 

My anxiety about being an active social media user has been lessening slowly but surely, thanks to the supportive community of classmates around me. I’m learning more and more about each tool and technique, whether it be a social media site, a blog, or a concept like crowdsourcing.

Crowdsourcing, social tagging, and folksonomies were among this week’s topics. As I read about these, I couldn’t help but think of Goodreads, a social networking site for book lovers. So, I did some cursory searching on Google Scholar and found that scholars are researching crowdsourcing, folksonomies, and social tagging on Goodreads. Finding these articles helped me feel more confident that I understood the terms.

Overall, I’m really enjoying this class so far. I’m being pushed out of my comfort zone, but in such a supportive way that I don’t feel wracked by anxiety.

Comments

Popular Posts